Syracuse, N.Y. — Devon Clarke is finally a member of Syracuse's 2016 commitment class.
After being told to hold off by the old SU staff in July, Clarke was accepted by new head coach Dino Babers during an official visit this weekend. He announced the news on Twitter.
Yeah boy is committed to Syracuse let's get this money big orange 🍊🍊🍊 #blessed 🙏🏾— Devon Clarke 9️⃣ (@wolf_gangclarke)
The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Clarke is rated three stars and the No. 83 safety in the Class of 2016 by 247Sports.com's composite rankings. He becomes the 14th player actively pledged to the Orange this cycle and second safety, joining Tampa product Scoop Bradshaw. Clarke is also the third commit in two days, following defensive end Kendall Coleman on Friday and athlete Sean Riley earlier on Sunday.
SU secondary coach Nick Monroe was Clarke's primary recruiter, he said previously. Clarke began building a relationship with Monroe while the latter was an assistant at Bowling Green.
"I only talk to one person from SU and that's (secondary) coach (Nick) Monroe, " Clarke said previously via Twitter direct message. "We have a good relationship. We talk on Twitter a lot. He always wants to check and see how I'm doing home-wise and in school. He's a funny guy."