Devon Wildlife Trust is 50 this year, why not help us celebrate and do something for wildlife each month? There are lots of fun things you can get involved with, from the Wildlife Festival in Exeter to adopting an otter and making your garden wildlife friendly.
1. It's a new year - what better time to get out, meet people and help wildlife? Join us on Sat 12 Jan at our Work Party at Swanpool Marsh nature reserve and help us to maintain this beautiful freshwater marsh
2. Stand in awe at the giant flocks of starlings as they perform acrobatics above their roosting place at DWT's Exe Reed Beds nature reserve
3. Become a DWT member – learn about and help wildlife in Devon - a great resolution for 2013!
4. Discover the wealth of birdlife wintering on the Exe Estuary at our Nature Reserve Open Day at Dawlish Warren on Sat 19 Jan.
5. Listen for the frog chorus beginning in your garden pond as these amorous amphibians begin their courting rituals
6. Adopt an otter for Valentines Day
7. Make a nest box and hang it up ready for nesting birds during National Nest Box Week
8. Become a DWT Volunteer and help with events, nature reserves, office work or other tasks
9. Get outside for a brisk winter walk at Dart Valley nature reserve on the southern edge of Dartmoor
March10. Walk amongst spring daffodils at DWT's Dunsford nature reserve
11. Help raise money for wildlife in Devon and become a volunteer tin collector
12. Attend a practical task day at DWT’s Woodah Farm and help manage this beautiful 140 acre site.
13. Learn about the inner workings at Cricklepit (mill) and attend a milling day
14. Adopt a hedgehog for Mother’s Day
15. Spot adders basking at Chudleigh Knighton Heath nature reserve as they wake from their deep winter hibernation
16. Attend the DWT Wildlife Festival, visit the marine zone, learn about animals and insects, build a nest box and meet the DWT team
17. Enthuse the next generation of wildlife lovers and become a Wildlife Watch Leader
18. Wander through bluebells to the sound of early morning birdsong at DWT's Lady's Wood nature reserve
19. Ready for a challenge? Do the Heart of Dartmoor Cycle Challenge or South Coast Walk Challenge
20. Help out at one of DWT’s nature reserves and attend a practical task day at Warleigh Point nature reserve
21. Celebrate International Dawn Chorus Day then wake up early to hear birds sing at DWT's Woodah Farm on 26 May
22. Save our seas and sign a Petition Fish scale to help create Marine Conservation Zones
23. Look out for swifts as they start to dive and scream above Exeter looking for nest sites on buildings. Play the swift game to learn more
24. Adopt an otter for Father’s Day on 17 June
25. Learn about the wonders of Culm grassland and look for marsh fritillary butterflies on a guided walk at Dunsdon nature reserve on 14 June
26. Spend a warm summer’s day spotting damselflies at DWT's Venn Ottery nature reserve on 30 July
27. Bask in the summer sun and go on a rockpool ramble at Wembury during National Marine Week
28. Celebrate National Insect Week and hunt for glow-worms. Tell us about your sightings and fill out DWT’s glow-worm survey
29. Learn about the wonders of lowland heathland at Bystock nature reserve during East Devon Heath Week