This website is brought to you by Paignton Zoo.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Paignton Zoo ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you
- statistical analysis
- customer profiling
- marketing - see 'Marketing and opting out' below
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- improving our services
- informing you about Paignton Zoo
Marketing and opting out
We may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you, unless you have asked us or them not to do so, by email about products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights' below.Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services)
- our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you such as emails for the purpose of quality assurance and training.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the processing of his or her email details.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a 'cookie', which is a small file, on your computer's hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- to recognise you whenever you visit this website
- to speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
- to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns