Image caption Barrow Council raised concerns about the proximity of rhino dung to a fence
A zoo that said it would close after the local council highlighted safety issues will remain open while negotiations are carried out.
South Lakes Safari Zoo, where a keeper was killed by a tiger in 2013, was last month given 28 days by Barrow council to prove its aerial walkways were safe.
It was also feared baboons could escape by scaling a pile of rhino dung.
The zoo said it would close on Saturday and accused the council of harassment but the decision has now been reversed.
Following the rulings by the licensing committee in December, bosses said the zoo could not operate under such circumstances.
The closure was set to be temporary but there was no definite date for reopening.
The zoo said on its Facebook page: "In response to this very positive and constructive move and as a show of good faith the zoo management has agreed to open throughout the negotiations."Image copyright Barrow Borough Council Image caption Damage was found at the base of a post by a tiger walkway, left, and a post at an anteater walkway